Sun Run 2017
Watch the videos above to see some Cardinal Glennon kids benefiting from your support!
The Sun Run 5k and 1-mile fun run supports the world-class pediatric health care provided every day at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. We care for more than 200,000 children each year, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
Whether you are an experienced runner, a beginning runner, a walker or you want to participate with your whole family to support our patients – we invite you to join us for this inaugural event. Starting and finishing at Ballpark Village (see map on right), the 5k run features chip-timing from Fleet Feet Sports and the 1-mile fun run offers a casual walk. Every run / walk registrant will receive the official Sun Run t-shirt (sizes are not guaranteed for registrations after September 1).
Race Day Timeline:
- 7:30 am - Day-of Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- 8:30 am – Pre-Race Warm-Up on Busch 2 at Ballpark Village
- 8:58 am – Wheelchair Division Start Time
- 9 am - 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run Start Time
- 10:05 am – Awards Ceremony
- 12 pm - Runner's Village Shut Down
- Packet Pickup will be available at Fleet Feet Des Peres (Click here for directions):
- Friday, September 22 from 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday, September 23 from 11 am – 5 pm
- Parking will be available throughout downtown St. Louis on surface lots and in garages for a fee.
For any other questions, please contact Colleen Dolnick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-678-6626.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and support in making the Sun Run a big win for
Cardinal Glennon kids!
Limited Edition Sunglasses
The first 1,000 runners registered will receive a pair of sunglasses at packet pickup to wear the day of the race!
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limit will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the 5k course time limit of 19 min/mile in order to complete the race on closed city streets. Two cut off (short cut) locations will be provided for participants not keeping pace. A cut-off location will be provided at the1/2 mile mark, and participants moving slower than the cutoff pace will be turned to follow the 1-mile course. Another shortcut will be provided at the 1.25 mile mark. Runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by the given times will be directed to the shorter routes. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participants cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace.
- Use the shortcuts.
- Board a “sag wagon” to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required.
- Male, 14 & under
- Male, 15-19
- Male, 20-24
- Male, 25-29
- Male, 30-34
- Male, 35-59
- Male, 40-44
- Male, 45-49
- Male, 50-54
- Male, 55-59
- Male, 60-64
- Male, 65-69
- Male, 70 & above
- Female, 14 & under
- Female, 15-19
- Female, 20-24
- Female, 25-29
- Female, 30-34
- Female, 35-59
- Female, 40-44
- Female, 45-49
- Female, 50-54
- Female, 55-59
- Female, 60-64
- Female, 65-69
- Female, 70 & above